Thursday, September 13, 2012

Hikone Castle


This week has been very hectic because of the start of classes, but I got to do a lot of fun things as well. On Monday my Culture and Society class went to 彦根城(Hikone jo), known in English as Hikone Castle. It was very cool to see the structure and how it was built to keep away attackers. My favorite parts, though, were climbing the main tower and getting to see actors in full costume for a drama shooting they were doing that day on the castle grounds.






 This weekend some friends and I are planning to explore Nagahama, a nearby town. Then, on Sunday, I'm going with a group of students to Osaka for the 岸和田 だんじり(kishiwada danjiri), a festival with hand- held floats and lots of lanterns. Hopefully we will get to explore Osaka a little as well.






No comments:

Post a Comment